Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech
Private 4-day Sahara desert tour to Zagora and Merzouga.
You will get the chance to explore the majestic Sahara desert, and indulge in new experiences that will show you the true colors of Morocco. On this Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech, you’ll follow the path of the ancient camel caravans as you travel through Morocco’s wonders. Wonders that will leave you speechless, places like Draa Valley and its surrounding Kasbahs and oases will definitely take your breath away. You will also cross the massif of volcanic origin and feast your eyes on the gorgeous Anti-Atlas Mountains. This mountain has a height that reaches 3,304 meters. You will trek your way through the desert, and discover what true nomads lived like. We’ll take you to see what Morocco has to offer, and Hollywood’s Hollywood, Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
- You’ll cross the Tizi-n-Tichka pass.
- You will have the chance to visit the Valley of Roses in Kalaat Mgouna, which is known for its annual Festival of Roses.
- Signature Morocco will take you through the road of 1001 Kasbahs.
- You will be taken to visit the Dades Gorge.
- Your tour guide will fill you in on Monkey toes, a rock formation that’s just unbelievable.
- A guided camel ride in the vast, golden desert.
- Overnight at our secure Berber desert camp.
- Visit Morocco’s Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, known for being home to various Hollywood blockbusters.
Your Signature Morocco tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation in the early morning, precisely at 7:30 am. You will start your journey by going through the mesmerizing Atlas mountains, and your Signature Morocco driver will be using the scenic route of Tizi-n-Tichka. Once you lay your eyes on a 2260 meters high mountain, that’s your cue to whip out your camera and start making people back home jealous.
You will have frequent stops along the way to stretch out your legs and do some amazing photography. Upon arrival at Ouarzazate, you will visit the Taourirte Kasbah where you’ll have a delicious lunch and continue on with your journey heading towards Zagora after that.
As you travel along, you will start to notice henna plantations on the side of the road and endless fields of corn and vegetables. And if you’re a fan of graffiti, then you’ll surely be amazed at the graffiti on the rocks at Tinzoulineto. The huge oasis at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains that run-off from the Draa River will be like a feast for your eyes.
You will have your evening meal in Zagora and you will overnight there. Day 2, here we come.
You will drive past beautiful oases that are situated in the middle of nowhere, and you’ll also cross the volcanic peaks of the anti-Atlas Mountains.
You’ll have some rest at the oasis of Alnif and grab a delicious lunch before continuing on with your journey to Merzouga. Once there, you’ll meet up with your camel caravan and spend a gorgeous night beneath the starlit skies of the desert.
You will have a guided camel trek once you’re in the desert. You’ll witness a gorgeous sunset that will magically lead you to our secure Berber desert camp.
Our Berber desert camp is equipped with every necessity, and you’ll surely enjoy spending your night there. The feast, the nomadic music, and the cozy bonfire will all play a vital role in your relaxation process. You will unwind and have soul cleansing moments when you’re there.
After having a delicious breakfast at our secure Berber desert camp, you will head towards Tinghir, where you’ll have a leisurely lunch. You will be traveling along the 10001 Kasbahs and pass gorgeous oases and mesmerizing rivers that will pump life into your soul. After reaching Tinghir, where you’ll rest for while as you’re having a delicious lunch, you will travel through Dades Valley. By doing so, you will pass some Berber villages and fortified Kasbahs that make more than half of this place’s history.
You’ll catch a beautiful sunset at Dades Gorge and head back to your hotel.
You will have some time to enjoy a delightful evening meal and settle in for the evening.
After having your usual delicious breakfast, you will follow the Valley of the roses heading towards Kalaa Megouna. You will then visit the rose-water ladies' cooperative. Once there, you will learn how the local manufacturers produce rose-water perfumes. This place smells heavenly, and you wouldn’t want to leave it. We know we don’t.
You will then head towards one of the biggest oases in the south, Skoura Oasis.
If the time allows, you will pay one of the Kasbahs a visit before leaving for Ouarzazate where you’ll have your Moroccan lunch.
You begin your journey back to Marrakech in the afternoon taking you, once again, through the gorgeous Tizi-n-Tichka pass. Your Signature Morocco driver and tour guide will drop you off at your accommodation in Marrakech.
Good to know
- Guide/driver - Bilingual, experienced, hilarious.
- Air conditioned 4x4 with Wifi on board.
- Hotel La Fibule de Draa ensuite on your first night. Your evening meal and breakfast are included on your Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech.
- Guided camel ride through the golden desert.
- A private, air-conditioned ensuite on your third night. Hotel Babylon or Auberge Panorama. Evening meal and breakfast included on your Morocco Sahara desert tour from Marrakech.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
If you are to cancel your tour, your cancellation request must be written, either via fax or email.
In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund. A standard fee will apply, as it is clearly outlined on your receipt, and Signature Morocco must receive your original voucher before your refund applies.
The following scale of charges will be applied if you cancel your tour prior to the balance due date:
- More than 40 days : 10% deposit retains + transaction fee.
- More than 30 days: 25% of the total will be charged.
- More than 15 days: 50% of the total will be charged.
- More than 08 days: 75% of the total will be charged.
- 7 days or less : 100% of the total will be charged.
No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once Signature Morocco has received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.