Fes to Marrakech desert tour
3 days private tailor-made desert tour from Fes to Marrakech
Fes is just gorgeous, its that cute city in Morocco that makes everyone who visits fall in love with it. On this Fes to Marrakech desert tour, you will be passing by scenic routes, gorgeous landscapes, and you’ll have the chance to camel trek your way through the desert.
Note: If you wish to upgrade to a deluxe camp, a 70euros per person fee will apply. We ask that you make this request when booking your tour.
Here are our Fes to Marrakech desert tour highlights:
- You’ll cross the plains of Saiss and visit the breathtaking Cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountains.
- You’ll pass by Ifrane, Azrou, and Midlet. And you will get to see the fortified Kasbahs. Amazing cities, with amazing monuments.
- You’ll explore the mesmerizing Todra canyons, and pay the Dades Gorge a visit. As well as the Ouarzazate Kasbah and the Shoura Oasis.
- Signature Morocco will take you to see some UNESCO World Heritage-listed sites, such as Ait Ben Haddou.
- You will enjoy the beautiful sunset in the desert. And a leisurely camel trek through the gorgeous Sahara.
- You will be taken to wander along the banks of the Todra River and discover how true nomads used to live.
You will be picked up by our Signature Morocco tour guide and driver at 7:00 am, (8:00 am in summer ) from your Riad or Hotel in Fes. You will start your journey by going through the gorgeous plains of Saiss. Your direction will be the gorgeous Cedar forests that lay in the Middle Atlas Mountains.
You will pass by gorgeous little cities that will bring joy to your heart. You will have lunch in Ifrane and continue on with your journey past the fortified Kasbahs.
Before crossing the River Ziz, heading to Erfoud, you will drive past fortified Kasbahs that will look great in pictures.
On your second day on our Fes to Marrakech desert tour, your Signature Morocco tour guide will take you to visit the gorgeous oasis of Tinghir. You will also be given some free time to stroll beside the river. You’ll also learn how authentic nomads used to live when we visit some Berber villages.
Todra Canyons are just mesmerizing. There, you’ll have a leisurely lunch. The scenery that you’re going to witness is unforgettable. You’ll drive to Dade’s valley before arriving at your boutique guest house
After having a delicious breakfast, you’ll drive heading towards Kalaa Mgouna. Your Signature Morocco driver will take you through the Valley of Roses. You’ll have the opportunity to visit one of the Rose-water cooperatives.
Once there, you’ll learn how locals use distilled rose-water in order to produce scented perfumes. This place smells like heaven, and we’re certain that you’ll love every minute spent here.
You’ll continue with your journey and pass through the Shoura Oasis while heading towards Ouarzazate. You’ll be given some time to marvel at the Date palms before having lunch at Kasbah Ait Benhaddou.
This place has been home to some of the most amazing movies out there. Hollywood directors adore Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, and your favorite movie might be shot here.
After having a leisurely lunch, you’ll go through the Atlas Mountains via the scenic Tizi-n-Tichka pass and start descending. You’ll pass by various Berber villages that were built from mud and stones. Locals in this area are still living their shepherd lives, and they love every minute of it.
You will be dropped off at your original pickup point when you arrive at Marrakech.
Good to know
- English speaking tour guide/driver.
- Pick up from your accommodation.
- Air-conditioned 4x4 with Wifi on Board.
- Guided camel trek
- Overnight at our Sahara Shared desert camp in Erg Chebbi on Half Board Basis.
- Overnight at a hotel in Ouarzazate.
- Drop off at the end of our Marrakech to Fes desert tour.
People that possess the US, Canadian, UK nationalities do not require a visa to enter Morocco as a tourist.
If you’re a citizen in one of the countries listed below, you do not need a visa to enter Morocco:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Denmark, European Union, Finland, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Korea, Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, and Venezuela.
Your passport must be valid for atlas six months in order to enter Morocco. Please make sure that you stamp your passport once you’re in Morocco. That will allow you to stay for up to 90 days. Entry fees are not charged.
- You can wear clothes that are adequate to each season in Morocco.
- You can check information about the weather in Morocco.
- Not camels, we’ve got plenty.
- You may want to bring a pack to help you carry extra snacks and your bottled water. And, of course, a camera to make amazing moments immortal.
If you are to cancel your tour, your cancellation request must be written, either via fax or email.
In some cases, you are entitled to a partial refund. A standard fee will apply, as it is clearly outlined on your receipt, and Signature Morocco must receive your original voucher before your refund applies.
The following scale of charges will be applied if you cancel your tour prior to the balance due date:
- More than 40 days : 10% deposit retains + transaction fee.
- More than 30 days: 25% of the total will be charged.
- More than 15 days: 50% of the total will be charged.
- More than 08 days: 75% of the total will be charged.
- 7 days or less : 100% of the total will be charged.
No-show cases will not yield a refund.
You will be refunded once Signature Morocco has received the funds back from its suppliers (i.e. hotels, transport companies, service providers)
Unfortunately, you can not.
Reservations are required in order to have a guaranteed spot on all of our tours.
Reservations also help us determine what you might need. Otherwise, Signature Morocco will not be able to ensure that its tours to remain manageable and joyous.
You will be notified if the tour changed due to unwanted circumstances.